The holidays often mean inviting friends and family for a dinner party at home. If you’re tasked with playing the gracious host of a delicious dinner party this year, don’t fret! We have five tips for a successful gathering your guests won’t soon forget!
- Cook something you’re confident with. It can get tempting to whip up something special and even exotic for your guests to sample but be realistic. If you’ll be spending time in the kitchen preparing a meal you’re not familiar with then your path to deliciousness won’t be easy. Avoid trying a recipe for the first time and instead go for something you’ve made a few times.
However, if you really want to try serving a new dish, test it a few weeks before your party.
- Plan your menu well. The truth is there are certain dishes that don’t pair well with others so it’s a good idea to have a well-planned menu. To simplify, you may choose a certain cuisine like Spanish or Italian.
- Ask ahead if your guest have special dietary requirements or restrictions. If your guests are allergic to chicken and that’s all you have on your menu, then they won’t enjoy your dinner party at all. Before deciding on what dishes you’ll be preparing, ask your guests about any restrictions they may have in their diets. You wouldn’t want anybody bursting into itchy hives in the middle of your meal, do you?
- Prepare ahead. Let’s face it, one of the most unpleasant things about hosting a dinner party is slaving away in the kitchen while your guests arrive at your doorstep. To avoid this, think about which parts of your menu can be made ahead of time. Items that need to be served cold like frozen desserts should obviously be made beforehand.
- Spruce up your dishes with finishing touches. Garnishing your dishes can take their overall look and appeal to a whole new level. If you’re serving soup, an extra dollop of cream on top and some herb biscuits can make it even prettier on the plate and more delicious too!
These are just some of the simple tips you can follow for an extra delicious dinner party. And if you’re looking for an awesome beverage to complement your delicious menu, try Beloka Water’s Sparkling Water!